Early Career Framework
The Early Career Framework.......
- provides a two year induction programme for teachers in the first two years of their career
- is an entitlement for all Early Career Teachers
- is support not assessment – the assessment of Early Career Teachers is still against the Teachers’ Standards
- builds on initial teacher training providing a joined up 3 year continuum from ITT through first two years of teaching as part of the DfE’s “golden thread”
Implementing the ECF successfully requires time for ECTs and mentors
Schools have three options for implementing the Early Career Framework:
- A funded, provider-led programme offering training for ECTs and mentors.
- Use the DfE-accredited materials to deliver their own ECT training.
- Design and deliver their own ECF-based training programme.
TSH Berkshire has partnered with UCL Institute of Education, one of the six national ECF providers, to deliver the Full Induction Programme across the region.
You can watch a recording of our introductory session about the ECF and UCL’s programme here:
More information about UCL’s programme can be found here.
For more information about the Early Career Framework, visit the DfE websites: