All ECTs have to be registered with an Appropriate Body for their induction. The role of the Appropriate Body is to oversee and quality assure the induction process, and to support headteachers, induction coordinators, mentors and ECTs in meeting all the statutory requirements of the induction period.
This is separate to the ECF.
Full details of the DfE Statutory Guidance for Induction can be found here.
The TSH Berkshire Appropriate Body service includes:
- welcome and information session for ECTs and Mentors/Induction Coordinators
- training and ongoing support and advice for Induction Mentors and Coordinators
- access to the ECT Manager software, allowing a speedy online service for registering ECTs and completing assessments
- Appropriate Body verification and quality assurance of interim and final assessments
- statutory notifications of completion of induction to the Teaching Regulation Agency
- agreement to extensions or reductions to the induction period
- quality assurance of the induction process in schools
- participation in the Quality Assurance Panel to moderate assessments
- celebration event for the successful ECTs and Mentors
- general advice and guidance for both schools and ECTs
Full details of the Appropriate Body offer are provided to schools during the summer term of each year. For the academic year 2021-22 the Appropriate Body fee per NQT will be £200+ VAT.
For more details, please contact:
Teaching School Hub Director, TSH Berkshire
Langley Grammar School
Reddington Drive, Langley, Berkshire SL3 7QS
tel: 01753 598300 ex 8368