About TSH Berkshire
TSH Berkshire is operating name of the DfE designated Teaching School Hub for the 'NWLSC9' region, which comprises the six local authority areas in Berkshire.
The Hub is based at Langley Grammar School in Slough. The school has been involved in a range of system leadership work over a number of years:
- National Teaching School since 2013
- One of the lead schools in Slough Teaching School Alliance
- Appropriate Body for NQTs in Slough
- National Centre for Computing Education - CCE Computing Hub (London and Home Counties)
- Apple Distinguished School and Apple Regional Training Centre
- Delivery partner for NPQML (with SSAT) and NPQSL (with UCL)
- Distributed model for provision, aligned to the complex and diversified nature of the hub area.
- Recognition of value and strength of local knowledge and collaboration.
- Recognise existing success - utilise experience and expertise already established in different areas and across different phases.
- Model builds on existing structures across the area - and willingness of existing TSAs, ITT partnerships and others to contribute to delivery.
Approach reflects the diverse nature of Berkshire, the practical challenges of maintaining effective relationships with six different local authorities and the consequent importance of strong local knowledge and ability to build effective networks and partnerships
If you would like to know more about our role as the Teaching School Hub for Berkshire then you can watch a recording of our general introduction to TSH Berkshire here:
General information about Teaching School Hubs can be found on the DfE website: